We assist business owners and other leaders who wish to follow the calling of Jesus Christ to create communities of faith in their workplace.

Tuesday, February 26, 2019

February 26 – GETTING PAID


….. even though the more I love you… the less I am loved. (2 Corinthians 12:15)

                Is “getting paid” why you do what you do? If yes is your answer – in any part of your life – you are imposing your own valuation system on a life (yours) that you say belongs to Jesus. Isn’t your compensation His call? If you are to obey God, and you are being spent by Him for the good of other people, getting paid is not the goal. The goal is simply to be faithful – to do what the Spirit of God leads you to do.

                Paul explains this clearly, “I fully intend to continue investing myself and all that I have in you, even though you oppose me while I do it; even if you come to hate me.” You are sent to bring the light of God’s love to dark corners of the world. Those who live in the dark are there by choice, and they often react violently when God’s Holy Spirit convicts them of their condition. If you are the one bringing the light, you may be the object of their fear, shame, and even their anger.

                Will you eagerly continue to invest your life when your payment is rejection and hatred?

No comments:

Post a Comment