We assist business owners and other leaders who wish to follow the calling of Jesus Christ to create communities of faith in their workplace.

Monday, September 30, 2019

SEPTEMBER 30 – LIVING IN THE STORY


Nothing else matters. The only thing important is that the story is told. When that happens, I’m elated because I know my story. With your prayers and by God giving me the power of His Spirit, my ending is assured. I just hope and pray that I’ll always be courageous enough to live in Him; exalting Him. You see, for me, my story must be the story of Jesus Christ and even if I die that will lead to a great ending. (Philippians 1:18-21)
                   What does it mean to live in your story? Actors sometimes “step out of character” for a moment. This is a time when they will stop acting their role. For that period, they are no longer a part of the work to present the story. Is there a parallel for you? Do you ever “step out of your role” as leader? Do you ever fail to act consistently with your character? Are you ever too tired, or too distracted, or too worried about yourself to do what you must do to be true to your calling as the leader?

                   Paul’s one, fervent hope as he awaited trial, punishment, and even possible death, was that he would be true to the call of Jesus Christ upon his life. He wanted to be strong, and to live his life faithfully all the way to the end.

                   When you understand the story you have been given to live, it becomes the way you see the world. You will live a story each day. Be sure that Jesus is the center of that story as you face whatever your story provides.

No comments:

Post a Comment