We assist business owners and other leaders who wish to follow the calling of Jesus Christ to create communities of faith in their workplace.

Tuesday, July 6, 2021

JULY 7 – ENOUGH FOR TODAY

 The Lord God said to Moses, Listen! I will send what you need each day from my resources; what each person needs for one day – every morning. Then, I will watch to see if they prove to be faithful in doing what I ask of them. (Exodus 16:4)

                    Every interaction; every relationship is different, and each ongoing relationship is different each day. How can you possibly prepare to meet that level of challenge? Can you read enough books, learn enough rules, or have enough experience to always do what is best in each of dozens of daily interactions? No, but God can – and better still – He promises that He does.

                    God’s provision for His people is constant, steady, and consistent. In this passage, He is explaining to His leader, Moses, “I will show you what your people – My people – need each day, and then I will provide all that you lack to accomplish what I will give you to do.” Has God’s nature changed? (Numbers 23:19). If not, then each person should take seriously the rest of God’s counsel to Moses. The Lord will also be evaluating constantly whether you follow in simple faith.

                    This one action; simply following in faith, is God’s consistent standard for men and women. Adopt that measure as your own. Do enough each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment