We assist business owners and other leaders who wish to follow the calling of Jesus Christ to create communities of faith in their workplace.

Thursday, June 23, 2022

JUNE 24 – ONLY ONE SOLUTION….

 My heart needs and desires you just like the parched deer stag pants for the refreshment of the cool stream. Yes, my soul is literally thirsty for the living God. When can I return to Him? When can I be in His presence again? (Psalm 42:1-2)                

                   This Psalm is thought to be written by David, or a choral director with him, after they fled from David’s son, Absalom. Again, on the run, you may have expected David to long for the luxury of his palace or the cheers of his people. But, David valued the relationship he had with God most of all. He didn’t value property, power, or praise more than that. He needed God.

                   Think of a time you acted without consulting God. Rather than considering the outcome, think for a moment about the arrogance you showed when you did that. You were saying, “I, a child of God, who has told everyone I am devoted to following Jesus in every part of my life – have decided that I can choose not to follow when I want.” Have you truly given your life to Christ if you can say that?

                   Take Jesus seriously. Recognize the value of relationship with God, and only pursue Him and His will for your life.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment