We assist business owners and other leaders who wish to follow the calling of Jesus Christ to create communities of faith in their workplace.

Thursday, April 4, 2024

APRIL 5 – ACTIONS OR WORDS

 I remember Lord. You have saved me from death, have brought me through sorrow, and have kept me from failures. All this, so that I may obey and live for you while I’m on this earth. I will keep on believing, and I will speak, even when I suffer greatly. (Psalm 116:8-10)

                As the Psalmist relates, God can be trusted. Citing this passage, Paul explains to the people in Corinth (1 Corinthians 4:13) that this foundational belief is at the root of action. You, and your people will act based upon what you believe is true.

 What you do, especially as you “suffer greatly,” facing challenges and dangers, will show your people what you really believe. And, other people act based upon what they believe. They know they will prosper most by pleasing the leader. So, they usually will instinctively adjust what they do to what you show them you believe. If your words conflict with your actions, people will be confused, uncertain, and often will even feel that you have lied to them.

In the end, do you have the humility to see times when you have acted in conflict with your core beliefs? Are you strong enough to acknowledge those failures? Do you love your people enough to correct the error? Act as if their lives depend upon it.

No comments:

Post a Comment