We assist business owners and other leaders who wish to follow the calling of Jesus Christ to create communities of faith in their workplace.

Thursday, October 12, 2023

OCTOBER 13 – TEACH THE NON-NEGOTIABLES

 My fellow believers, I’m not saying I’m there, but I can say I do this; I’ve forgotten all the past. I’m pushing forward. I’m going for a goal! I want to do that thing; live the life God has called me to through the power of Jesus Christ. (Philippians 3:13-14)

                  Do you clearly articulate where you are headed? What are the bottom-line, non-negotiable values that you have determined to be critical to your people? In a world that encourages people to define their own, individual choices for good and bad, your people will never become united toward the vision if you haven’t defined and taught these values. Your shared values will shape and define the culture of your community.

                   Paul, who invested time living among his people in their communities and teaching them the important values that Christ taught, continues to reiterate the messages in his letters. Not only did he speak directly, but he also said, “Pray for me. Pray that I will be able to say what I should say clearly (Colossians 4:4).” Even in his time, there were people who pursued competing goals. Paul knew, without clear presentation, there could be no common effort. That’s why the values are so important.

                   Teach your people the values that you know should be non-negotiables for yourself and for them, so you can lead them to life in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment