We assist business owners and other leaders who wish to follow the calling of Jesus Christ to create communities of faith in their workplace.

Sunday, September 18, 2022

SEPTEMBER 19-FOLLOW-DON’T SEEK CONTROL

 If I could speak eloquently in every tongue, whether of men or angels, if I don’t have love it is just noise; no meaning. If I could preach and could know and teach everything, even having all the faith to move mountains – bot not love – I am nothing. Even if I give away everything I own for the poor or give my life as a martyr, if I don’t have love, it won’t help me at all. (1Corinthians 13:1-3)

                  Chances are good that you are quite capable. Decisions may come easily; almost as second nature, and people whom you lead may look to you every time there is a difficult challenge. Having such capabilities often leads men and women to believe that they have responsibility for outcomes rather than obedience. This belief can grow stronger, even to a place where leaders determine the desired outcome for others. Then they may use coercion or deception, allowing the ends to justify the means.

                  God didn’t give you gifts of capability so that you can control the decisions others will make. He speaks through Paul’s words to make it clear that the object of His gifts to you is the benefit of another person. His desire is that you will use those gifts to show the love that you and He share for them as His people – and yours – by using them in the way His Spirit leads you. Power is God’s to exercise. Your tool is love, as He expresses that love in power through your life and all your capabilities.

                  Your gifts are wonderful creations of God. Let Him use them creatively to love others each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment