We assist business owners and other leaders who wish to follow the calling of Jesus Christ to create communities of faith in their workplace.

Friday, September 23, 2022

SEPTEMBER 24 – KNOW YOUR ROLE

You – as my maker - you know the extent of me. You made me and wrapped me in my mother’s womb. You are my God, because you alone made me uniquely. That work was wonderful – I know it still is! You know me to my core, as you alone know the secrets of who I am. And as you put me together, you knew and made me for the life you would give me to live. (Psalm 139:13-16)

                  King David loved the Lord, God. He likely had a lot of time to consider God’s plan for his life after he was told he would be king. As he watched over his sheep, he must have wondered about himself, his own character, and his very nature; wondering what would have made God choose him to be king. In that meditation, he may have come to the realization he expressed here. God created David uniquely, and He did so with the expectation that he would fulfill an important role in the history of the world.

                  Do you realize that you were created by God just as uniquely and specifically as David? Have you considered your own nature, your character, and your values, as you think of the roles God has called you to fill? Knowing yourself is important if you are to lead your people well. Not only must you articulate a vision, but you must also share the values that will be important elements of the culture of your community as you work toward that vision.

                  These values are your values. Your role is to live and teach God’s truth with those values that form your character. Know and live your role authentically.

No comments:

Post a Comment